Smart Meter Not Working

Dear Bulb,
About a month ago I had a smart meter installed. All was working well for the first few weeks but then last week it started to display that it couldn’t provide data for electricity. It did this for a couple of days. I tried turning the monitor off and on again (classic tech work there!) and also checking the actual meters but can’t figure out what is wrong. About two days ago, the display started saying ‘Waiting for current data’ but hasn’t done anything since. Any ideas for what could be wrong/how to get it going again?

Thanks,
Laura

We have the exact same issue, smart meter was installed and the IHD worked fine for the first few weeks and then this weekend it stopped reporting on electricity usage. Seems to be a lot of issues with these from reading the forum.
Any ideas when this issue will be fixed?

Same here. The advice I was given (despite the photo of the unit I sent in clearly showing good signal on both the HAN and wifi) was to take the display to nearer the meter and then switch it off and on again. No surprises that it didn’t work.

Looks to me like the issues you’ve had started about the same time as ours, suggesting a central issue, not a local one.

I have had gas (but no electricity) for the month I’ve had mine. There was a power cut in the area yesterday and now the unit has given up completely.
Just accept it’s not going to work until the issues are sorted (This isn’t a Bulb Issue I think).
Just sit tight and it will get resolved in the next few months.

Meter fitted 19 July 2019, not worked since.
I will not be holding my breath for Bulb to fix it.
Wish I’n never bothered getting it fitted in the first place.
Putting fauly meters on the market in the first instance, was, in my opinion, their fault. i.e. insufficient field testing.

Ours was working but not sending gas readings to our account. That was fixed about two weeks ago. Now all of a sudden we have no gas or electric readings at all.

Ours was working but not sending gas readings to our account. That was fixed about two weeks ago. Now all of a sudden we have no gas or electric readings at all.
Siemens installed new meters for gas and electricity on 17 June. The meters are working and I have sent manual readings to Bulb for month ends June and July. Our problem is In House Display (IHD) device. It is less than 10 feet away from the electric meter and "yes I have switched it off and on" several times. Bulb thanked me for the July readings and suggested that I need not sent further readings for 3 months. It is very frustrating having it simply doing nothing.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one, it is a real pain!!

My IHD-CAD-PPMID was installed one week ago (6th August) and is still not working. As suggested in the brochure, I waited the full 48 hours to give it a chance to work. It didn’t. It just showed the same display, and going through settings to Meter information, displayed “Waiting for supply status”.
I then went online to Bulb, a day or so later, and went through the suggested procedure in the expectation that in a couple more days it would be up and running (as they suggested it would). But no! Same display and same “Waiting for supply status” under Meter information.
The unit is receiving a good wifi signal and is quite close to the outdoor meter - though I did try moving the display even closer (within less than 3 feet) - which made no difference. I have tried re-booting it a couple of times but to no effect. It just doesn’t work!!
When I was with British Gas, the IHD they supplied (old generation) worked faultlessly. I’m sure the actual Smart meter is working (at least I hope it is) but it would be nice to see the information on the in-home display.
I don’t think this is a fault with Bulb, just the meter and IHD not communicating with each other. Bad design? Unreliable brand? Faulty batch? Who knows. Certainly not very smart!!!
I have just emailed Bulb and received an automatic response saying that they usually reply within 10 working days. That’ll be two weeks in old money! Oh well, I’m guessing they are inundated with complaints so just have to be patient. :confused:

The Smart Meter the Bulb installed in my home just did not work. Not fit for purpose in my opinion. Bulb customer service were extremely unhelpful about it, they really did not seem to care.

my trio II IHD showing only elec, but no gas, althou bulb cant see any figures from both

my trio II IHD showing only elec, but no gas, althou bulb cant see any figures from both

Is that from a different supplier, or is it yet another different IHD that Bulb are sending out in addition to the existing 3 different types at random?

my meter does what it wants when it wants,sometimes it shows readings sometimes it does not is this the future

My meter went in in May, had estimated bills since then, can’t read meters and no ihd. Complained to ombudsman and bulb offered my £50 good will gesture, not received and still can’t read meter. What a bunch of incompetent s*ds

My meter went in in May, had estimated bills since then, can’t read meters and no ihd. Complained to ombudsman and bulb offered my £50 good will gesture, not received and still can’t read meter. What a bunch of incompetent s*ds

This is what I don’t get about people going to the ombudsman. Did you expect that if you win your case that it would magically make all the software work? This isn’t just someone being incompetent or otherwise making a mistake. It’s going to take months for Bulb to write and fix all the necessary software, and no amount of ombudsman cases is going to change that.

It’s incompetence at best and outright fraud at worst on the part of Bulb to provide a faulty product/service knowingly. My “smart” meter was installed last week and IHD is stuck on the same figures. Not sure the meters are registering/transmitting any readings either. I wish I didn’t accept to have this useless thing installed at first place when Bulb offered it. I can’t wait to switch at the end of my contract with Bulb though this curse is likely to perpetuate whoever the supplier. What a waste of tax payers money.

Had a smart meter fitted 2nd August the installer said that if I didn’t have a CID (customer information number) after two days to contact bulb - on the 5th August emailed bulb about the problem - got a reply on 10th Sept (slick customer service there) they are working on the problem (their phone customer service is a farce, as of course is their email service). When customer service gets this bad it’s usually a sign of a Company failing. That would be sad as I’ve liked their approach in the earlier days.

My smart meter was installed on 8 April. Still not working and have sent 5 photos of meter with readings. They still have the old meter reading and refuse to budge. Bulb still charging the wrong amount and won’t refund massive overpayment. Off to Ofgem now. Anyone been through Ofgem?