Smart meter on wall

I’m guessing my smart meters are now useless now I’ve changed and I can take down the British Gas smart meter consumption screen ? I had smart meters to help as I’m disabled but now have to scrabble in cupboards to get readings. I wouldn’t of switched if I’d known this.

If you can get yourself onto Bulb’s Priority Services Register you can ask for a meter reader to attend every 3 months. In the circumstances they might also be prepared to install a working smart meter. It would be worth asking at any rate.

Hi @Dsee , @christos_1 is right. Can you please email us so we can add you to the Priority Services Register? Additionally, you can click on this link to request a smart meter installation: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/smart, we’ll let you know if you’re eligible.

I'm guessing my smart meters are now useless now I've changed and I can take down the British Gas smart meter consumption screen ? I had smart meters to help as I'm disabled but now have to scrabble in cupboards to get readings. I wouldn't of switched if I'd known this.

Depending on the model of In Home Display, you might be able to get the actual meter readings directly from that.