Smart meter readings not working again

My meter readings (electricity and gas) are, once again, not being uploaded from my smart (SMETS2) meter. They had only been working since the end of February, after also not working from Dec-Feb. The meters were only installed at the end of June 2021. The IHD is fine.
What’s the point of having a brand new smart meter if this keeps happening?
Energy is expensive enough without me having to remember to enter regular customer readings to avoid estimates that may overstate my usage and increase my bill unnecessarily.

Ive got similar problem. smart meter stopped working last year sending readings. Feb. 2022 it was replaced. This 2nd installation has never sent readings since it was installed. Last bill from Bulb was February 2022. I submit reading but app doesnt update Its totally useless. How can both smart meters not work? Not very smart are they!

If the meters are not submitting readings there is a good chance they were not commissioned. If the wan light on your electric meter flashes at less than 5 second intervals it is not connected. Does the ihd work?

no the ihd has not worked from getting this 2nd electric meter installed. i have submitted 2 readings for both gas & electric since end of March. not even getting estimated bill

Hi, Ihd has not worked since this 2nd meter installation. I have submitted via app manual meter readings for both gas & electric twice since March. not even receiving estimated bills.

Rgds

Good chance the meters are not commissioned. Will probably need an engineer to turn up and sort it out

hI @johnboyb,

We’re unable to talk to your meters right now due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on top of your electricity meter. This hub is the part of your meter setup that sends readings to Bulb and to your in-home display. Your in-home display may be repeatedly restarting because of this.

We’ve requested for your comms hub to be remotely rebooted, which usually helps re-establish the connection.

The reboot will be complete within 6 weeks.

–Suki :hibiscus:

Thank you Suki.
Is it possible to find out why my comms hub needs to be rebooted AGAIN, so soon after it was last rebooted because of the same problem?
It worked from installation last summer until mid-December 2021 when it stopped sending readings. A reboot got it started again in late February 2022, only for it to stop again after 10 weeks. Could there be something wrong with the hub?

@johnboyb sorry for hijacking your thread.
I wouldn’t hold your breath on this getting sorted. My Comms hub has allegedly been ‘rebooted’ twice since it went offline in December. Been waiting over six months for this to be resolved, without any luck. It’s been impossible to submit meter readings and the IHD does not work, in my case. My online account and app seem to think I’ve not used any gas since December!
@Suki_at_Bulb is there any chance this could be looked into again? I’ve asked on this forum and by email but no reply.
I hope your reboot works and it gets you back online.

No problem coming on board!
My IHD still works, and I can take the readings from that rather than having to go to the meters. It’s just the fact that I then have to submit them manually.

The first reboot I needed took about 6 weeks to do but it did at least work…well for 10 weeks anyway.
Makes me wonder why the Comms controller is so finicky that it has to be rebooted

My smart meters stopped working on 15th Feb 2022. Installed 19 Nov 2020 and worked fine right up to 14th Feb. I’ve been trying ever since to get this resolved, to no avail. Also, my IHD never worked since installation due to the distance my building’s meter rooms are from my flat. The installation engineer promised this would be rectified, and that new meters were conming on-stream during 2021. No sign ever turned up, despite me raising this a few times with Bulb.

It was explained to me at the time of installation, and I have reiterated this many times in my communications with Bulb, that we need a stronger transmitter, perhaps the 868 Mhz version of the IHD instead of the 2.4 Ghz or possibly even the Alt HAN as rerferred to on the smartme website and the althan website (this chat here won’t let me post the links)

I then contacted DCC the smart meters data communications company. They confirmed that my meters had been set up correctly but Bulb hasn’t referred my issue to DCC so they were unable to help further. I asked Bulb via email to register my issue with DCC so that they could investigate further. No reply from Bulb.

Have sent many emails to Bulb and never got a resolution. They’ve just not even bothered to reply to my most recent emails. So several weeks ago I went through the live chat function and explained EVERYTHING all over again to the person, asked for it to be registered as a high level complaint as well. They assured me that this would be done, that someone would be in touch to resolve my smart meters issue, and that I would receive a transcript of the chat via email. None of this has happened.

To top it all off, Bulb’s customer service email software has been replying to all of my emails with my deadname, despite the fact that the name on my account was changed back in October 2020 after I changed my name via Deed Poll.

I’ve not had any satisfactory response to any of these complaints, and this has been ongoing since February this year.

I was then ill with covid for nearly 3 weeks, and only just trying to gather the energy again to follow this up.