Smart meter reboot?

My IHD is reporting correctly every day, but Bulb app has not updated usage since 18 May, and I have not received a statement this month, it normally comes on 26th.
I wonder if smart meter is not reporting to Bulb. It has 1 green light flashing and then occasionally 4 green lights I believe it should have 2 green lights if working correctly. Does it need a re-boot, and if so how ?

My May statement has arrived, so Bulb must be receiving from smart meter. However Bulb app is still not showing usage.

Just checked statement in detail. Reading to 19 May but estimated to 25th so obviously Bulb not receiving smart meter readings, although IHD is.
Does meter need a reboot?

If the wan light is flashing at less than 5 second intervals then it is not connected and probably will need rebooting. Good luck with that!

Thank you Smart_fitter, the WAN light is flashing every second. How can it be rebooted?

They may be able to do it remotely but good chance it will need an engineer to do it manually. It involves removing the hub from the meter for a few minutes then refitting it

Bulb have just said they have requested a reboot of commas hub, but this will take 6 weeks!

Sounds about right. Easier to send an engineer, 20 min job

I switched to EV tarrif end of last year only for my smart meter to suddenly stop sending data. After many calls and eventually a successful ombudsman case (I’ll not get into the specifics but it was a complete pain) … I was informed it was a issue with the comms hub and was affecting everybody - then when we had the recent price rise suddenly my smart meter started working - my theory is Bulb changed(fixed) something in my account (not that they’re willingh to respond in the last 2 months about it!)

tl;dr - ask them to double/tripple check your account is correctly set up

Thank you Brian.
That is good advice, I shall ask them to check when comms is rebooted.

Hi @Rocky

Thank you for posting, welcome to community :wave:t4:

We’re unable to talk to your meters right now due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on top of your electricity meter. This hub is the part of your meter setup that sends readings to Bulb and to your in-home display. Your in-home display may be repeatedly restarting because of this.

I can see my colleague has requested for your comms hub to be remotely rebooted, which usually helps re-establish the connection.

Please allow up to 6 weeks for this to proceed and we will get this up and running.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

–Suki :hibiscus: