Smart Meter Removal

I submitted a request to have my previous electric suppliers Smart meter removed.
How long will it take to have it removed?

Best if you contact Bulb direct as this is a customer forum.

I’d agree with scudo’s comment above, but it’ll cost around £140 (if I remember correctly), and should be done within a couple of weeks (presuming there’s engineer availability).

If you’ve submitted a request by email, it could take a week or so for a response - if you need this switch to take place urgently then you’d be best off giving them a ring (0300 30 30 635) on Monday.

I submitted a request to have my previous electric suppliers Smart meter removed. How long will it take to have it removed?

Just for clarity what do mean regarding the meter removal? Is it now surplus to requirements, or you want it changed for a non smart meter or something else?

I want the SMART Meter removed and an old standard meter be active.

I don’t think you will get anyone to install a old standard meter. The best you can do is have the smart features de-activated.

I don't think you will get anyone to install a old standard meter. The best you can do is have the smart features de-activated.

The old meter is still there. The Smart meter just needs to be disconnected / removed.

Even so I think you will be very lucky to it reconnected. Google “Meter Point Administration Service” and “MPAN”.

Even so I think you will be very lucky to it reconnected. Google "Meter Point Administration Service" and "MPAN".

Yes I’d be surprised if they simply reconnect an old meter.

Yes I'd be surprised if they simply reconnect an old meter.

Even more surprising that the old meter is still there. That seems like an oversight during the new meter installation. When my meters were changed the old ones were bagged and tagged with specific barcode tracking numbers so the return could be processed.

@Beam what’s wrong with your existing meter?