Smart Meter Reset

How do I reset my Smart Meter? The display indicates that I have used £99999 so far this week and the time is frozen at 13:03 - it has been like this for almost a week now. I have tried holding the power button to reset but that doesn’t work. Any ideas?

If the power/reset button doesn’t respond, then the only choice you have left is to turn it off and let the battery go flat to force a reset.

Nice one, Chameleon! Brilliant piece of design.

A clue to the IHD’s don’t work can be found on the base of the unit.“Made in China”

A clue to the IHD's don't work can be found on the base of the unit."Made in China"

Unnecessarily racist?

Chameleon is a UK company. The hardware and firmware design will be done by people in the UK. I doubt it’s a manufacturing fault that they all keep crashing or magically changing to Welsh. It’s a software bug, which will be entirely UK related.

If it had been designed by the Chinese it would work and be reliable.

Racist? I think that comment is uncalled for! The list of things I’ve bought and had problems with which were made in China ranging from battery chargers to security cameras is endless. The only consolation is when they go wrong the manufacturers either refund or replace them.

Racist? I think that comment is uncalled for! The list of things I've bought and had problems with which were made in China ranging from battery chargers to security cameras is endless. The only consolation is when they go wrong the manufacturers either refund or replace them.

Cheap junk is cheap junk regardless of where it’s made, so yes you’re being racist.

Plenty of stuff made in China that isn’t cheap junk.

Well said Hooloovoo. The mess that is the UK smart meter roll out is entirely home grown.

If the power/reset button doesn't respond, then the only choice you have left is to turn it off and let the battery go flat to force a reset.

Nice one, Chameleon! Brilliant piece of design.

Thanks for your advice Hooloovoo. - I unplugged it to let the battery run down and have just restarted it, normal service has been resumed!