Smart meter rubbish installation

So your wonderful engineer installed my smart meter today and left us no lead to charge the unit so that’s not working and he also managed to do something to our boiler and we have no heating or hot water.

Then surprise surprise there’s no contact number to try and resolve the situation

Can someone contact me please

Hi @Jim3,

If you still haven’t got hot water, please call through to our emergency line on 0300 303 0635. This is the quickest way to get help with this issue. Let me know if you’re still having problems.

Hi Georgie

It’s ok now i had to pay a plumber to come and sort out the problem

I still dont have a working smart meter though as the installer didn’t leave a power lead

Jim

Hi @Jim3

I’m going to send you an email now regarding this. Hopefully we can get a charger sent out to you.

Hey @skippy64 ,

Some people may not know the difference between an IHD and a meter, but this is why we have community. To share knowledge with one another.

Just so the information is available on this thread for all to see, here are the differences between an IHD and a smart meter:

IHD: The little in home device that displays your current energy consumption for both electricity and gas (if you only have electricity it will only show usage for this!). :slight_smile:

Smart meter: An electronic device that records information such as consumption of electric energy, voltage levels, current, and power factor. These meters communicate the information recorded to us for greater clarity of your consumption, and we use this to monitor and produce accurate member billing for you. :+1: