Smart meter statements smart tariff

The energy usage tab on the website shows the daily overall cost of energy use, if I want to see a breakdown over the 3 periods how can I ? will I receive a statement with this information, when I spoke with bulb CS the suggestion was to read the meter 3 times a day at tariff change over, not really practical nor really smart

Your statement will show your usage over the 3 periods, with 3 readings from the meter. You should also be getting the daily readings show up in your Bulb account. I get 4 readings a day, 3 for electric and 1 for gas.

I can also manually read all 3 rate registers directly from the meter, whether you can do that with yours depends on what model it is.

I only get 1 line showing the total for all day on the online account, Bulb can’t explain that, and you can’t speak to the smart meter team unless the calls overflow to them, nor can they tell me when I will get a statement

I only get 1 line showing the total for all day on the online account, Bulb can't explain that, and you can't speak to the smart meter team unless the calls overflow to them, nor can they tell me when I will get a statement

Can you see on your electric meter that it’s configured for 3 rates?

It sounds to me like your meter hasn’t been configured yet and you’re not actually on the smart tariff trial.

The meter is metering on all 3 tariffs, if I had the inclination I could take daily readings and run a simple spreadsheet but that isn’t very smart, I have found communication with bulb to be the biggest problem, when I initially agreed to use the tariff I was told I could monitor it online and make my own mind up if I stayed on it, and that’s the crux of the problem I have no data with which to make that decision, thanks to all so far for your replies.

when I initially agreed to use the tariff I was told I could monitor it online and make my own mind up if I stayed on it, and that's the crux of the problem I have no data with which to make that decision,

This is a workaround and not a solution … but you don’t need to read the meter every day to get this information. Since you are able to see the 3 rate cumulative registers you can read them at whatever cadence you like. If you read them once a month, as with your old meters, you’ll have sufficient data to calculate if the 3 rate tariff worked out better than the single rate tariff over that month. Perhaps you might do weekly. Obviously daily is too much of a chore. I do this monthly when my statement arrives even though I can actually see daily readings for all three rates (plus gas) in my account dashboard. The 3 rate tariff is working out only marginally cheaper for me because I don’t really put enough miles on my EV to make the most of the overnight rate.

I’ve sent another request to Bulb about accessing my half-hourly data. I don’t expect to get a reply.

I see the same - my online account shows the daily cost but not a breakdown.

What I don’t know is whether this is even the “Smart” tariff. For all I know it could be the total number of units I’ve used multiplied by Bulb’s standard tariff charge, as Bulb’s website doesn’t seem to have any awareness of this tariff.

If I click “Tariff” at the top then it says I’m on “Vari-Fair”, i.e. the standard tariff.

I’m also still getting estimated bills only, a couple of months after switching to “Smart”. A bill is imminent, I’m waiting to see whether they’re going to send a proper bill this month.

My IHD shows all the tariff switching, I get the countdown display to the change time, all appears well. I just don’t know what I’m (ever?) going to be actually billed for.

I know it’s still in the Beta stage, but there are definitely lots of rough edges to the whole thing.

Also… it’s not possible to supply a meaningful meter reading myself, as it just asks for one reading. This will be just one of the three counts that the meter is now keeping, so would probably end up producing an artificially low bill. I’m not going to risk making things even worse by confusing matters further.

At the moment, the estimated bills are around double my actual usage. My account should be well into credit, but is showing as being just above zero. I’ve just reduced my monthly DD to £10, hopefully this might make someone have a look at my account when it inevitably slips into arrears due to the falsely high bills.