Smart Meter STILL not not showing electricity readings

After a few months of correct operation, my smart meter gave up returning the (split rate) electricity readings. The gas readings continue to function correctly. This applies to both my IHD and the readings as apparently received by Bulb.

Bulb have made a few attempts to correct the situation, but to no avail.

Surely there is some contractual obligation for this to be functional? I’m sure Bulb would take that view about my payments?

Or should I contact Ofgem?

-Are

Hi @aredee42

I can see we submitted a comms hub reboot for you in December time to try and get the readings back through to us. This is because the comms hub is having some issues connecting to the network so we ask the DCC who run the smart network to reboot it.

The reboot we requested from the DCC was successful, unfortunately though it seems the issue is continuing. There are a few types of connectivity issues that reboots can’t fix yet and this is an industry wide issue. The network operators and meter manufacturers are working on solutions to these so fixes will be rolled out automatically to devices as soon as they’re ready. This also might mean the IHD doesn’t show the right info for elec either at the moment.

The meter itself still works- it records use as a normal credit meter- but it is the smart functionality that is struggling to connect. We’re still able to bill you accurately the same as we would another regular credit meter as well we just need the manual readings at this time :blush: