Smart Meter Stopped Working Since Switch

Hello All,

I moved from Scottish Hydro, where my smart meter worked consistently, moved to Bulb, set the update rate to every 30 mins, and I have had two readings since the end of September.

Was told the usage graphs would be populated after 1 month, but the data was flowing, and now I cant get hold of anyone at all at Bulb to ask what is happening.

Anyone had similar or know of a fix?

Edited to Add its a SMETS2 meter, installed in August this year.

I was advised my smart meter was working (finally) early Summer, took months for it to work and I still get email asking for a reading so no idea if it is or not! Now paying more for my energy than ever and looking to leave if this carries on.

Hi @sufcfan1,

Thanks for your message. I just took a look at your account, and I can see we’ve had 4 smart readings since you switched, the latest being on 18/10/20. We should take another one just before your bill is due so your next statement is up to date. Let us know if that doesn’t happen.

@Steve16 we also got smart readings from your meters recently, on 24/10/20. Do let me know if you have any further questions.

@GeorgieS_at_Bulb That’s all well and good, but the smart meter is supposed to be reporting 30 minute intervals of data, which is then supposed to display on the app and website.

When will this issue be resolved?

@sufcfan1 I can see that we don’t have enough data to compile your usage graph yet. Once we have enough data your usage should show in your Bulb Account.

@renee_n_at_bulb So is the system sending 30 minute usage data to you?

I was told by one of your advisors it would be populated after a month, which it hasn’t been. If you have only had 4 smart meter readings in 7 weeks, that suggests it isn’t working properly.

@sufcfan1 thanks for flagging - I’ve raised this with our smart team to see why this isn’t pulling readings as frequently as it should, I’ll let you know when we get a response from them.

Hi @sufcfan1,

I just got an update from our smart team. We gained your meters successfully with smart capability which is great, but your reading schedule only updated to half hourly as of today - I apologise for the delay, but over the next month we should start being able to build smart usage graphs for you.

You can only see these half hourly graphs on the app, not the desktop, so make sure to be checking there.

@GeorgieS_at_Bulb Thanks for the support, I’ve seen the data start in the last few days.