Smart Meter Update - Has anyone heard anything about a fix??

In Dan’s blog (See below), of the 31st May, we were told that a fix was coming within two weeks for the 7000+ members with non communicating Smart Meters and estimated bills.

Well it’s now just over two weeks. Has anyone, anywhere, heard anything?

Thanks

Haven’t heard a word… no email response from Bulb.
The home display is next to worthless and will not in any way save Polar Bears or the Planet.

Got an email a couple of days ago saying that my meters had been reset and the non functioning IHD would work within 48 hours.
Is it working? NO its not.

Got an email a couple of days ago saying that my meters had been reset and the non functioning IHD would work within 48 hours. Is it working? NO its not.

Is a couple of days more or less than 48 hours =)

I came home from holiday a couple of weeks ago to find that my previously not-properly-functioning IHD was working! However, my excitement was short-lived - it is working, but only intermittently. It’s currently been non-functioning (at least as far as electricity is concerned) for the last two days, but obviously something is going on in the background.

Heya @PaulMC12345

We have started emailing members affected by this already. The email subject line is We’re fixing your smart meter readings

We’re sending these emails in batches so we can manage the replies effectively. If you’ve not receive yours yet, you will do very shortly.

Not quite sure why everyone’s so angry about the IHD not working. You’re not at a loss. You’re not hard done by. You’re not suffering by it not working. Nothing has changed from before having the meter swapped and getting a not-working IHD.
Just ignore it like I did. It wasn’t hurting anybody. Just put it out of your mind until it is working.

Hi Ryan. I get your point, and I’m certainly not angry. However, there is no provision to submit meter readings once you swap over, so having estimated bills is a step backwards. (I’m not going to ring their overworked support to do this).
Anyway, I’m getting a how to fix it email soon. :+1:

Got an email how to fix your IHD, tried it, just t he same, waiting for current data

It would not be so bad if you received some sort of feedback that they had tried restarting it and asking if the problem had been fixed… as it is you just continually wait another 48 hours and feel that nothing is being done.