Smart Meter - waiting for current data

Hi,
I had a dual smart meter installed yesterday. The accompanying monitor has been plugged in and indicates that it has a connection with good signal. However no information is shown. Just a message saying “waiting for current data”.

How long does it take before readings should appear. The smart meter has been in place for nearly 24 hrs.

Hi @Peggy87,

Sometimes it takes a few days for the in home display to get started. If after you’ve waited a few days it’s still not working we’ll need a few bits of information from you so we can try and get this sorted.
If you email us at help@bulb.co.uk with:

• a photo of your in home display
  • how long ago you noticed the message
  • and whether the in home display gave live usage after the installation and has since stopped displaying anything
we can take a look at your in home display.

If you have a slightly different problem where the display is showing only one fuel either the gas or electricity we’ll need the same information emailed to us as above.

Sometimes there are other issues that can cause the display to work incorrectly like thick stones walls which can reduce the range of the display.

When we get this information we can try to get this sorted for you.

Thanks,
Pollyanna

Hi, mine is doing the same, fitted yesterday and was working fine with both gas and electric showing usage, today at about 3pm started to say what the above customer is saying

Fitted this afternoon displayed for a few hours then waiting for data ?

Here are the pictures from the unit 8 hours after fitting

Can’t even upload pictures - what’s going on ?

Fitted yesterday and 24 hrs later has only displayed “Waiting for current data” About as much use as a chocolate teapot!

I’ve emailed Bulb but not holding out much hope if I’m honest, not with all the other posts where people have the same issue.

I also have the same issue. Had it fitted over a week ago and it still says “Waiting for current data”.

Yup same here, It showed some data for a few minutes during set up but then it went “Waiting for current data” the installer said he doesn’t have much experience with the device but he thinks it takes a while to connect ! Well next day still nothing.

Same here, meter installed 2 days ago, was told it would start showing information within a couple of hours and nothing. “Waiting for current data”. I can’t get too mad with Bulb because they are the cheapest and have offered the best service I’ve ever had from a supplier. It’s just comforting to know they’re as useless as the rest when it comes to “smart” meters. How long do I wait before I start sending emails then? Or do I just unplug it and forget the whole thing?

Smart meters fitted 27th March. Monitor still saying ‘waiting for current data’ 48 hours later. Definitely have good signal on Bluetooth and WiFi. Like others I don’t know how long to leave this before seeking a fix and also don’t know if the meters are sending information to Bulb. Anyone getting anywhere with this? Thanks

Yup same here, It showed some data for a few minutes during set up but then it went "Waiting for current data" the installer said he doesn't have much experience with the device but he thinks it takes a while to connect ! Well next day still nothing.</
I also have the same issue. Had it fitted over a week ago and it still says "Waiting for current data".

Mine doing the same emailed bulb they passed it on to smart team…was working yesterday, day of fitting!

I had mine fitted today. Only the gas symbol on it and it did say £0.00 when I returned from work. Glitching like mad. Now just saying waiting for current data

Thought it might be because it was 1st April but then see others with issues. Symptoms on ours is a mix of all reported so far except an extra one saying waiting for CIN (get this by looking at account info); wrong tariff price; and no electricity display just gas. I’ve even left it next to the meters to try and get it connected; switching off and on…mmm…not so smart, yet.

Only a few hours of waiting, but still no data. Managed to connect it to the Wi-Fi though, long shot, but did not help

Same problem, still waiting for current data, installation guy said it would start coming through pretty much straight away.

Same here! Installed today. Fitter said it will start working. I connected it to Wifi but not much happening.

Same for me. Installed yesterday, still “waiting for current data”. Connected it to the internet OK. Moved it closer to the meter. Restarted. Still nothing 24 hours after installation.