Smart Meter Woes

So i’m in the same boat with a lot of people on this forum, my smart meter was working fine until a couple of months ago.

It was updating Bulb with my energy usage and the IHD worked fine.

It all stopped working around november, my IHD would start flashing and Bulb were no longer getting my Usage from the meters themselves.

Since then I’ve had Bulb put in a request to reboot the devices, this has resolved the Gas Usage but my electricity usage still isn’t working.

I’ve been fobbed off with every excuse under the sun from support, the latest is that my electric never worked as the engineer apparently reported this to bulb at the time, even though my Energy Usage shows smart meter readings since it was installed …

Anyone actually managed to get their smart meter working after they’ve broken?

1 Like

Exactly the same issue for me. Had Smart meters installed in Nov 2019, and smart readings were taken and showed on my account fine for months. Recently IHD has been in a constant reboot loop, and Bulb have given me numerous ‘explanations’, finally blaming the issue on the manufacturer of the IHD (Chameleon?). No sign of a resolution either. No smart readings being taken, no IHD, totally pointless.

Hi @temporaldoom,

If you can only see one fuel on your IHD, please can you try this: Follow this link and fill in the details of the issue.

Once you’ve sent that in we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working within 24 hours.

Make sure you keep your IHD turned on and within 5m of your electricity meter overnight and restart it in the morning if nothing has changed.

If this doesn’t work, please try following the steps in your Bulb account again on a different date (the fix sometimes works the second time). If it’s still not working after 2 attempts, let us know.

@DJB23 please can you try the above as well and let me know how you get on?

I’ve tried this a number of times, it doesn’t work.

I have been informed gas meter not communicating with electric meter (4 metres away) surely faulty meter has to replaced

Hey @MACAULAR,

So your meter isn’t faulty but a number of different factors not just distance affects the connectivity of your meters to one another and to the smart network.

For example, if they’re 4 meters away, but there is also a very thick brick wall or a metal meter box that is preventing the electricity meter from communicating with your gas meter. We cannot replace your meter though as there is no fault, this is a connectivity issue.

Though the connectivity of your meters is physically beyond our control, we can look into this further!

Please don’t hesitate to send us an email (help@bulb.co.uk) or get in touch with us via live chat.

How do issues with smart meters not working get resolved ?

I am unable to read the meters as the since changing to the smart meter last November these don’t seem to show a reading that is accepted via the app ?

I have submitted photos of both meters still no resolution. very concerned that I will end up with a large bill due to estimates since April 2020. no idea how to contact customer service ???

logged a support request in October via the app received a response 2 months later to say they are currently unable to resolve the issue although they may be able to do this by Summer 2021 !!

https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new.
no idea how to contact customer service ???trythis link

yes also done that completely pointless

Hi there @Dmccon,

I’ve just popped you an email to help you get this solved! Come back to me there when you can. :smile:

Hi @GeorgieS_at_Bulb. I have also tried this a number of times, having been in contact with Bulb about this for some time now. IHD is still stuck in a permanent reboot cycle, showing no usage data for gas or electricity at all. No smart meter readings are being taken from gas or electricity meters either, so I am having to log manual readings every month. This was not always the case though. When my smart meters were initially installed last November, readings were being taken fine and data presented on IHD with no issues. Things have only stopped working more recently - after I contacted Bulb to look into a separate issue for me. I have been informed by another customer service advisor that this is a manufacturer issue and there is no indication of a resolution any time soon.

@GeorgieS_at_Bulb - I had an email from Nqobile that they’re resetting the box and it would take 2-3 weeks, it’s now been 3 weeks and suprise suprise … Electric Smart Meter is still not working. Gas meter still sending meter readings to you fine.

Sounds very familiar…

Hey @temporaldoom I am just going to drop you an email on the situation with the comms hub reboot and smart meter on your account. Please feel free to respond there with any further queries.

Best
Carl