Smart Meter

Hello,

Do Bulb offer Smart Meter’s and if so, how do I get one?

Hi @matthew891

We aren’t offering smart meters just yet, but will be rolling out smart meters to our members from early 2018. This is because currently only first generation smart meters are being installed in the UK right now. If we installed one of these on your wall and you changed energy supplier you wouldn’t always be able to use the smart meter’s functionalities. We think it’d be a bit unfair to do that to our members, so we will begin installing second generation meters as soon as we can get them and they will be able to communicate with any supplier.

We can pop you on our smart trial to be on of the first Bulb members to get a Smart Meter when we start our rollout .

:+1:

When you do roll out smart meters, it would be good to address any fears people may have from the recent Watchdog report. I recently cancelled a planned smart meter install from my previous supplier because of this.

Hi @kai1352 thanks for your thoughts on this. We will allow anyone who wants to opt out to opt out.

I am in the process of switching to bulb from British Gas . BG installed smart meters in May 17 will you be able to collect readings from these meters . Regards Ed

@ed7742 At the moment we won’t be able to read the meter remotely. We hope a software fix will resolve this issue around the start of 2018. If the software fix doesn’t arrive, we will install an improved smart meter that will remote send reads over to us