Smart Meter

Hi,

Recently joined bulb for Gas and Electric and was wondering if you supply smart meters.? We habe had to send our previous supplier one back when we switched and they were great as it was automatic updates for meter readings and we could monitor how much we were spending.

Kind Regards

Hi @stefan8567,
We aren’t offering smart meters just yet, but will be rolling out smart meters to our members from mid-2018. This is because currently only first-generation smart meters are being installed in the UK right now. If we installed one of these on your wall and you changed energy supplier you wouldn’t always be able to use the smart meter’s functionalities. We think it’d be a bit unfair to do that to our members, so we will begin installing second-generation meters as soon as we can get them and they will be able to communicate with any supplier.

Will you supply these second-generation meters to all customers who want them? I have a smart meter from my old supplier but it is now useless; am I still eligible for a new one?

@Dom When the second gen of smart meters is out next year, your current meter will become smart again! No need for a new installation :slight_smile:

Ah, I didn’t realize. That’s excellent. In that case, I’m looking forward to full integration of smart meter capabilities in your upcoming Android app :slight_smile: