smart meter

Hi, newbie here.
I switched to Bulb from Scottish Gas for electricity at the end of December.
I have a British Gas smart meter installed. Since the switch, my smart meter no longer automatically submits readings. Also, the user display thing that we have plugged into the living room doesn’t display anything any more. It fails to connect to the meter mostly, but when it says its connected, it says we are using nothing all the time, even when we have the tumble drier on. It did work for a week after I switched. I have tried moving the device into the same room as the meter, thinking our thick walls might be a problem (wasn’t previously, just wanted to rule it out), but exactly the same.
Do I need to do something? Does bulb need to do something? Or do I need a Bulb specific smart meter installed?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi @TomK, you will unfortunately have to read your meter manually until Bulb roll out 2nd gen smart meters from the middle of this year.

The meter that British Gas supplied (1st gen) is not interoperable between suppliers (until at least the end of this year when they plan to try and make them all compatible).

Regarding the in-home-display, British Gas will have disabled it so it won’t work again. They don’t have to do this, but they do it anyway.

Thanks for answering @mowcius
That’s a bit petty of British Gas. I will just have to wait.

Hi @TomK ! @mowcius is absolutely right, you will have to wait a bit. If you’d like, we can add you to the pre-trial list. If selected, you we might be able to get a smart meter out to you a bit sooner?

the pre-trial list
What's this then? There's a pre-trial trial?
Hi @TomK ! @mowcius is absolutely right, you will have to wait a bit. If you'd like, we can add you to the pre-trial list. If selected, you we might be able to get a smart meter out to you a bit sooner?

Yes please @“Lukas at Bulb” , that would be great

@TomK I’ve added you! :+1:

Thank you @“Ella at Bulb”