Smart Meter

Hi,

I have just signed up with Bulb. Can I get a smart meter? I believe your trial roll out starts this summer - can I be added to this?

Hi

Unfortunately, we aren’t offering smart meters just yet, but we will be rolling them out to our members from mid-2018 (no fixed date as of yet). This is because currently only first-generation smart meters are being installed in the UK right now. If we installed one of these on your wall and you changed energy supplier you wouldn’t always be able to use the smart meter’s functionalities. We think it’d be a bit unfair to do that to our members, so we will begin installing second-generation meters as soon as we can get them and they will be able to communicate with any supplier.

If you’d like to sign up for our smart meter trial waiting list, pop over to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10kQ9xBGxZPDNPs5EWkk-8oEDNDvCj-VMWVfTNUzW5b0/viewform?edit_requested=true and answer a couple of questions to get everything going

All the best,
David

What exactly are these functionalities of said smart meters?
Besides meter reading and duplicate energy usage statistics? Can we have some clarity please?

@Q2_K80 The main features of the smart meters are that we take readings automatically and that you can see your real time energy use.

The extra feature of the 2nd generation of smart meters is that you will be able to switch to whichever supplier you like and they will still work remotely.