Smart Meter

Hi, I have just applied to transfer to Bulb after frustrating service from Greenstar. Can you advise whether Bulb actually supply the smart meter display unit yet showing up to date usage as i would be interested in having one if this is possible

The main benefit is readings taken without your involvement: however, I would think long and hard about the value of having a smart meter. My smart meter is presently dumb and Bulb inform me I will be asked to agree to a software fix: I do expect to proceed with any action to reactivate my smart meter.
The original notion was to offer cheaper rates at off-peak times but now people who have left the industry have disclosed that suppliers were aware and are willing into the future to increase the unit rate at times of peak demand - your move.

Hi @Elizabeth1611

Unfortunately, we aren’t offering smart meters just yet, but we will be rolling them out to our members from late-2018 (no fixed date as of yet). This is because currently only first-generation smart meters are being installed in the UK right now. If we installed one of these on your wall and you changed energy supplier you wouldn’t always be able to use the smart meter’s functionalities. We think it’d be a bit unfair to do that to our members, so we will begin installing second-generation meters as soon as we can get them and they will be able to communicate with any supplier.

As @marktarasek says it’s worth thinking about whether it would be worth it for you, too, though I haven’t heard anything about us increasing prices for you during peak hours.

All the best,
David