Smart Meter

I am joining Bulb on 6th September.
I would appreciate Smart Meters fitted as soon as possible for both Electricity and Gas.
I would also be interested in joining the trial if any quicker.

Hi @Frank1. We’ll be rolling out smart meters at the end of 2018. You can have a quick read of our blog about smart meters. It should answer all your questions. If not, let us know.

Reading about smart meters in the press, I am not going to rush in to have any fitted.

Hi @terrywey.

There are some big advantages to smart meters over standard meters:

They’re accurate and convenient. With a standard meter, you typically rely on your supplier’s estimate of your energy usage. If you want your bill to be based on your actual usage you have to take your own readings and submit them manually.

They also give you information about your energy usage habits. The display shows real-time data, including your energy use (in kWh) and its cost. That can help you to track how your lifestyle affects your household energy use. With this information, you’ll be able to find ways to use less energy, which in turn will help to lower your bill.

We’d be interested to hear why you don’t want one fitted?

Hi @terrywey.

They’re accurate and convenient.

I assume you don’t mean a smart meter is more accurate than a standard meter?

Hi @terrywey.

They’re accurate and convenient.

I assume you don’t mean a smart meter is more accurate than a standard meter?

I assume it meant the billing is more accurate as there’s less estimates on peoples bills.

Hey @phproxy. Sorry if I was not clear. Yes, the billing is more accurate because we will not have to use estimates. We currently have to rely on our member’s meter readings which are generally accurate but smart meters will ensure that we get readings every month from everyone.