SMART METER

this is annoying i was supposed to be switching to bulb on 30th nov, so im waiting to hear back ,and yesterday i get an electric key in the post the problem is they sent old style key,i have a smart meter so how can they make such a stupid mistake, don’t they do checks on meters in properties like other companies and dont let me start about trying to contac them yesterday…

Hi @patt_007

I believe Bulb don’t actually get full details of your meter until several weeks AFTER the switch has completed: so they’ve got no way of knowing (apart from if you tell them) what sort of pre-paid meter you have until then.

If you have a smart prepaid meter, then you should be able to use Vend codes (see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360013684571-How-do-I-top-up-my-smart-prepayment-meter-using-a-VEND-code- ) to credit the meter whilst you email Bulb at help@bulb.co.uk and they sort things out (see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- ).

@patt_007 If you have a smart prepayment meter then your meter should have switched automatically to a credit mode so you shouldn’t need any key.

Are you able to get in touch if this hasn’t happened and we can try to get this sorted for you.

cant contact try live chat yesterday over an hour to reply via chat REALLY! do i need a new vend code or do i use the same code from previous supplier

THIS IS A JOKE!!! every time i try contacting someone via live chat, the most i get out off them is ( hi how can i help) then silent over an hour yesterday on live chat with no response so closed window, same thing today person says hi then nothing what a joke big mistake trying to sort out your mistak switching

Give them a ring
0300 30 30 635

I have seen some reports of their live chat system disconnecting but seeming to be active - this could be the problem you are encountering. Why not just drop them an email at help@bulb.co.uk or call them?

@phproxy you must think im stupid, that im going to waste money ringing them their the ones that have caused this if this is how its going to be in general to contact bulb i have made a huge mistake

@phproxy you must think im stupid, that im going to waste money ringing them their the ones that have caused this if this is how its going to be in general to contact bulb i have made a huge mistake

I didn’t think you were stupid.

But I do now B)

anyway im bored off this, im looking for another supplier. just got an email form bulb and i must say this is getting ridiculess it states>>> all
bulb keys are compatible with meter so in other words the old style key is compatible with smart meter obviously he has no clue what his talking about

@patt_007 I can see you spoke with my colleague Jack who will be sorting this out this afternoon. We just need to put you on a credit agreement.