SMART METER

I have received an email from yourselves asking if i want to have a smart meter installed.
I currently have Economy 7 and supply 2 different readings on a monthly basis.
My question is that a smart meter has 3 different tarrifs during the day so will this affect how much i have to pay on a monthly basis? My main electricity usage is from 6am throught to 4pm in summer and through to 10pm in the winter.

Don’t do it. As I understand it…

Bulb cant offer E7 on smart meters yet.

The smart tariff you mention isn’t compatible on the SMETS2 meters yet, so you’d be stuck on single rate.

My main electricity usage is from 6am throught to 4pm in summer and through to 10pm in the winter.

phproxy is correct, however are you sure an E7 tariff is right for you? Typically for E7 to be beneficial you need to have a good percentage of your usage at the overnight rate. For the profile you’ve described you’d be better on a single rate.

How is your heating powered and over what times?

I have received an email from yourselves asking if i want to have a smart meter installed.
My advice is also don't do it. Bulb's current failure rate for SMETS 2 installation is 1 in 4 fail (Bulbs own figures). That is thousands and thousands of failures and you could be just one of those many thousands (like I am) and so do not get much love from support.

PS This advice applies to any other supplier as well as Bulb until the failure rate drops.

What’s the failure rate, is it the meter themselves or the backend Integration for the billing ?

It’s everything along the chain from the IHD, fitters, all the way to the backend (DCC) which is run by Capita… PS in the IT industry they are quaintly referred too as Crapita :slight_smile: Heres a typical example of their managements ego … https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49208240