Smart meter

Why is my smart meter not sending electric readings? I’m still having estimated reads

I have the same issue. Bulb representatives have repeatedly lied to me at every phone call since 21 June 2019 stating that there is no issue!

I have the same issue for electric and gas. I had a message they were going to increase the reading frequency, but still no luck.
This is holding up my move to the Smart Rate, which should save me a lot of money.

I have the same issue for electric and gas. I had a message they were going to increase the reading frequency, but still no luck. This is holding up my move to the Smart Rate, which should save me a lot of money.

Even when they get the readings, SMETS2 meters do not work with Bulb’s smart tariff yet.

The second generation (SMETS2) meters we’re installing aren’t compatible yet

https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360017795731-What-is-the-smart-tariff-

I was categorically told that the SMETS2 meters were fully capable for use on smart tariffs.
AMAZING!
They state ‘We know that’s a bit weird, and a bit frustrating.’, more like incompetent than weird.

As I suspected, it looks like the Energy Ombudsman is useless & powerless to enforce the governments regulations otherwise they would have fined the energy companies for failing to deliver to their deadlines by now at such a rate that the energy companies would either have fixed the issues or gone bankrupt.

I had SMETS2 bulb smart meters installed because at the time they said that SMETS1 meters would not be readable by bulb. With no concrete information on an actual timeline of the issues being fixed, chances are I’ll move to octopus who can actually give me a smart tariff. That however will mean another new meter install.

The industry is wasting millions and we’re paying for it through our bills.

I had SMETS2 bulb smart meters installed because at the time they said that SMETS1 meters would not be readable by bulb. With no concrete information on an actual timeline of the issues being fixed, chances are I’ll move to octopus who can actually give me a smart tariff. That however will mean another new meter install.

The industry is wasting millions and we’re paying for it through our bills.

Before I agreed to their smart meter installation I asked Bulb if the new SMETS2 meter was compatible with ALL other suppliers, and was again told that it was, so yet another lie.
I think only one smart meter installation should have been allowed & if a replacement is/was required, then the original installer should foot the cost for all subsequent replacements, not the tax payer, then that might actually motivate them to do a proper job and not rip off the consumer/tax payer.

I too will likely be moving to a smart tariff (not Bulb) because I’ve ordered an MG ZS EV and that is supposedly due next month. Once I have a definite date, then I’ll be switching, most likely to Octopus as well.