smart meter

I requested a smart meter when I joined bulb - how do I get an update on when it will be installed?

Why has someone just called to read our gas meter? We have had the SMETS2 system installed by Bulb a month ago, just after we changed from nPower. Surely that’s the whole point of SMART meters - not to have meter readers calling. He didn’t want the electricity reading, just the gas. Even he didn’t know why he was sent.

Surely that's the whole point of SMART meters - not to have meter readers calling. He didn't want the electricity reading, just the gas. Even he didn't know why he was sent.

Energy suppliers have a requirement to read the meter every so often, I think a maximum of two years between “official” readings? It’s to check for meter tampering as much as anything else. Even with smart meters I don’t see as this is going change.

The smart meter that Bulb installed in our home seven weeks ago is still not sending readings to Bulb. Terrible. Surely that is the whole point of smart meters. Bulb customer services really do not want to know. I think I will be moving supplier soon. My advice, do not get a smart meter from Bulb!