Smart meters and IHD

Had my smart meters installed on 15/4/19 and the IHD has never displayed any info apart from “waiting for current info” and today received an email asking for a gas meter reading as the meter was not communicating with bulb with the readings. This just gets more worrying by the day, are these meters sending the correct info to bulb, if at all ??.
Have emailed bulb with my concerns but will not hold my breath for an honest reply in regards to the obvious technical issues. Below is my latest email to bulb

May 2, 18:36 BST

Hi, I received the email below today requesting that i continue to submit my gas readings manually for the foreseeable future as there is a connection issue between my smart electricity meter and my gas meter which you state will be rectified by using signal extenders which suggests there is a problem with the signal strength between the meters. I find this hard to believe as my gas and electric meter are next to each other with my IHD sat on top of the gas meter and the IHD has not displayed any of my energy usage info since it was installed, it just displays “waiting for current data”. I have reported that issue twice now but nothing has been done to resolve it or any correspondence in regards to the issue.
Having had a read through the community forum it looks like there is a fundamental problem with the gas smart meters and the IHD displays. Looking further into it on the internet, there are numerous reports and stories about how there were known issues with the IHDs and gas meters, yet energy companies continued to install them in the hope that a software fix would be available soon. I chose to have smart meters fitted to make life easier for me and to ensure that my energy costs would always be correct but if Bulb has continued to install the systems with the known issues then this is a huge own goal for Bulb, who, up till now have been faultless and will only result in damaging the good name of Bulb and, no doubt, people will be leaving because of the issues.
I am now having second thoughts about the efficiency of the smart meters and how accurate they actually are and if software issues will cause more problems down the line. If I could I would have my old dumb meters re-installed but as that is not possible I will be keeping a monthly log of both my gas and electricity usage, just in case. It may also be worth considering putting out an honest email in regards to the known issues with the meters and IHDs rather than blaming “bad signal strength” as the issue as people always prefer the truth rather than a fudged up excuse.

So you have smart meters that are currently running dumb, and you’d like to switch back to the old meters that run dumb. Why would you do that?
To answer your other query. Bulb have to install Smart Meters now, or the regulator will fine them. I’m sure they would like to wait, but they have no choice. Blame the regulator, not Bulb.
PS: Smart meters are accurate. No need to worry.

It may also be worth considering putting out an honest email in regards to the known issues with the meters and IHDs rather than blaming "bad signal strength" as the issue as people always prefer the truth rather than a fudged up excuse.
Funny that it's not just me that feels this way...
To answer your other query. Bulb have to install Smart Meters now, or the regulator will fine them. I'm sure they would like to wait, but they have no choice. Blame the regulator, not Bulb.
Bulb have to offer Smart Meters before the deadline, but as much as reducing the time they have left might not appeal, as far as I'm aware there's no requirement for Bulb to continue to install meters at the moment while they're having issues (and generally ignoring this fact).

Finally got a response from Bulb in regards to the IHD issues and was told that they are aware of the problems with the gas meters and the IHDs and are working to rectify the issues. On a plus side, my IHD is now displaying my electricity usage, which is good. Now just to get the gas meter on board.
It seems unfair that the government is still imposing the tight deadlines for smart meters to be installed when it seems that all energy suppliers are having the same issues with the hardware. There are also now questions being asked weather the cost of installation is worth it in comparison with the potential savings made by the consumer. Denmark and Ireland refused to get on board with the smart meters as in their research the cost outweighed the savings and it was deemed uneconomical. The £11 BILLION it is costing will be passed onto the customer, this has been confirmed by the energy companies, so are we really going to save money on our energy once the costs have been tagged onto our energy bills.

There are also now questions being asked weather the cost of installation is worth it in comparison with the potential savings made by the consumer.
This has been discussed since the start and simply as a smart meter I suspect they won't save money, but opening people's eyes to the fact that maybe there are cheaper/better suppliers for them to move to likely will. We can save money by not giving so much to the extortionate energy giants of the past.