Smart meters but estimated bills

Had smart meters fitted in March yet have only received (over)estimated bills since. Initially the monitor didn’t work but that has come alive a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know when the issue of estimated bills rather than bills from smart readings will be resolved? Now I have had an annual summary of electricity usage (though not one for gas) but it is based on the last three months being estimated. There isn’t even an option to send in meter readings since the so called smart meters were installed.

I accept new technology can be glitchy, but three months in and I’m wondering what was the point of smart meter installation? I’m worse off than I was on the old system? When will it be sorted? I can see I am not alone.

You are definately not alone. My smart electric readings are being sent nothing for the gas. Everything gas is estimated. Bulb sent me instructions on how to manually read the gas but why should I? Defeats the object and as the meter is set at zero when installed, i can visualise big problems. So just sitting tight.

The most annoying thing is that the button to enter manual readings on the account dashboard has been removed for customers who have had smart meters fitted.

My smart electricity meter was fitted three months ago and I am still getting estimated electricity bills, with no way to submit readings. The IHD has been ‘waiting for data’ all the time. No smart meter for gas and I won’t let them fit one until the e meter works.

Consider yourself fortunate to get bills, my smart meters were installed on 18th March and I’ve not had one since, nor even any gas estimates, despite meters and IHD all working with good connectivity. Email support has been poor and ineffective.

You are definately not alone. My smart electric readings are being sent nothing for the gas. Everything gas is estimated. Bulb sent me instructions on how to manually read the gas but why should I? Defeats the object and as the meter is set at zero when installed, i can visualise big problems. So just sitting tight.

I’m in a very similar situation. I sent them a meter reading which, to them, was way out of sync. They asked for a photo of the reading. Now the annual statements for gas and electric are estimated. What the heck is going on?

Hi @APD

As long as your meters are commissioned, we should be able to get readings from the meter automatically.

It sounds like this isn’t happening properly for you, so would you be able to email us to let us know? We will then be able to raise the issue and work on getting the readings back onto your account.

If you are worried about estimated readings on your account, you can always give us the readings manually until we have been able to sort it.

It sounds like this isn't happening properly for you, so would you be able to email us to let us know? We will then be able to raise the issue and work on getting the readings back onto your account.

I find this continually infuriating.

They’re your systems. You know where you have installed smart meters. You know which of your accounts have smart meters. If there are no readings coming in then YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW. Why does a customer have to email Bulb to tell you that your systems aren’t working?

Likewise, why does a customer have to question a series of missing statements before Bulb do anything to fix the problem? If an account has missing information resulting in a statement job failing, why isn’t it automatically flagged? So many posts about this.

If an account has missing information so that the “submit readings” button doesn’t appear, why isn’t this automatically flagged and fixed before the customer first tries to submit readings? So many posts about this.

Why is it always the customers job to nag you into getting something fixed? Do you not monitor your own systems?

In the last 6 months Bulb have become a bunch of absolute jokers. If I ran my infrastructure like this I’d have been fired by now.

Hi @APD

As long as your meters are commissioned, we should be able to get readings from the meter automatically.

It sounds like this isn’t happening properly for you, so would you be able to email us to let us know? We will then be able to raise the issue and work on getting the readings back onto your account.

If you are worried about estimated readings on your account, you can always give us the readings manually until we have been able to sort it.

I did. And Bulbs response was you are getting the readings but cannot feed them into your billing system (no explanation as to why) And you removed the facility to submit readings when we went to smart meters, so how do I do that?

It is getting quite annoying now. Why do I need to flag all faults to you when your systems should be able to pick them up?

Just been told that when they rolled out the smart meters, they knew the technology wasn’t ready but did it anyway saying they were pressurised by ofgem! They say they do not know why they don’t work, how to fix them and no timeframe as to when they will get them working. Real bad show from what I thought was a good honest company.
My bills have been estimated since my installation in April 19.

Has anyone had a resolution to this problem of estimated readings following smart meter installations? Mine were installed in August and still no readings in December!
I’ve had miserable customer service (none) from emails, complaints or online chats.
Bulb recommended today I read the meters - I can read the gas but not the electricity meter (the A button does nothing!)
Any experiences that resonate with this?
Thanks