Smart meters installed 5th August not connecting

My smart meters are not connecting to the IHD monitor. I have addressed this via chat and email 5 times and nothing has ever been resolved. Email was ignored and the chat said will look into it and email within a couple of hours and never heard back. It’s very frustrating as still receiving estimated bills and no one seems bothered to correct it. A safety officer came and checked they were fitted correctly and confirmed They wasn’t sending signals to Bulb?! I’m on the verge of switching providers as been very unhappy with the customer service.

Hi @Joannepeters

Welcome to the Bulb community, I’m sorry to see you’ve been having these issues. I’ve taken a look into it, and it seems we had some issues getting your smart meter commissioned onto the smart network when we installed it.

I can’t tell you exactly why this has happened, but I’ll describe the two most common reasons here. The first error we are facing is connecting meters to the Home Area Network, which links the meters and the communications hub. If your meters fail to join this network, we cannot communicate with them or receive their readings. The second error is uploading Bulb’s security credentials onto the meter. If we’re unable to upload our credentials, we leave the meter in a dumb mode for security reasons.

We’re working on remotely solving the root cause of these errors, and various other ones. Once we have a fix, we will attempt to remotely commission your smart meter, to resolve the issue from our end, without the need for another engineer revisit.

I am sorry for this, and would advise emailing complaints@bulb.co.uk if you’d like to raise a complaint about it.