Smart meters still not commissioned after 6 months! Anyone beat that?

After several calls and emails we’re apparently in the “priority” list for the engineers to sort, but I think we have been for a few months now. Anyone else had to wait this long and still have to submit manual readings? Getting a bit silly now.

After several calls and emails we're apparently in the "priority" list for the engineers to sort, but I think we have been for a few months now. Anyone else had to wait this long and still have to submit manual readings? Getting a bit silly now.

The recommission is done remotely from their end. Who said to you an engineer has to come out…? I suggest you call and demand you speak to a manager. You have the right.
0300 303 0635

I’m at 5 months now! Out of interest where are you located? I’m in Manchester and I’ve not heard good things about the Smart Meter network compared to the south. Been fobbed off more times than I can remember about “remote commissioning”…I now have 2 different IHD paperweights.

Just to update, I called Bulb this morning (35 minute wait) and they told me exactly the same line I’ve heard for months now…“they are working on it”.

Out of interest, does anyone know what happens if you switch to another supplier with uncommissioned meters…if so, has anyone moved and successfully had the meters work?

I’m a week in with new meter not working, won’t be holding my breath for things to be sorted

I'm a week in with new meter not working, won't be holding my breath for things to be sorted

They are under government obligation so it has to be sorted. Have you spoken to a manager on a call?

Can’t beat yours but ours were put in first week of July and haven’t had a bill since because they aren’t getting the figures through.
I sent manual readings but they still haven’t sent a statement.

5 months in for me. IHD works fine, even set it up with my SmartThings hub tonight and it worked (after 4th attempt).

Still won’t send meter readings to Bulb though. I have to manually enter them every month. At least I can read them from the IHD so I don’t need to go outside for the gas or under the stairs for the electric.

1 Like

Same here, smart meter installé on 1sr April and hasn’t worked a day. Many emails many complaints always get the same « you are on the priority list » reply. I am still pushing as my meters are very awkward to access to read but can’t get any reply from Bulb anymore, they just don’t care…

Dear ALL,

I shall try to continue without swearing.

It has now been since March 2019 and we dont have a smart meter.

After querying this on october 23rd Katie H from Bulb said this

After the smart team have run their coverage check, they have confirmed to me that there is no WAN coverage in his building according to the DCC report. As it to do with the DCC network if you do ask for a smart meter with another supplier they will tell you the same thing about coverage

EXCEPT AS I POINTED OUT TO HER

A) WE ARE IN DIRECT LINE OF SIGHT OF A CELLTOWER

B) ALL MY NEIGHBOURS, THE CLOSEST SHARES A PARTY WALL and their meter is physically about 5 metres from us, have a smart meter

I got 3 neighbours to send me a photo of their smart meter and have sent to Bulb.

I also used the complaint part of the website to ask why they maintain I cant have a smartmeter

I also asked to speak to the Smart team who made the coverage check

NOTHING so far

It’s disappointing and we are beginning to look elsewhere for a provider of electricity (perhaps one of the 3 of our neighbours) who are able to install a smart meter.

regards

Marcus Bennett
Professional Engineer.

Please google SMETS1 and SMETS2 meters to understand the differences.

Given Bulb’s SMETS2 installations are still flakey at best, I’d suggest that the above is by far your best option. If another supplier is happy to install and you have confirmation of everything being ok from another customer, then do that.

regards

Hooloovoo
Professional Physicist