Smart meters

Hi, we’re new you bulb and was wondering what the procedure is with installation of smart meters. Are they available from bulb now and if so how much are they? Many thanks

Hi @pembo1276 we will roll them out in 2018 and they will be FREE.

I’ve put you on the list of people who want to be ‘first in line’ for their installation.

Please can you also put me on the list for a smart meter?

@green you’re on!

Can I be added to the list as well? Thank you!

@TinaT got you too!

Just switched to Bulb. Are you able to use our existing electricity smart meter and, could we register for s smart gas meter?
Thanks.

@Uktikki We will not be able to read it remotely, but you will still be able to manually take readings to send to us. I have added you to the list in case you wanted to be on the trial!

Could I be added to list for Smart meters please … many thanks

Please could you add me to the list for a smart meter trial?
Thanks

@Uktikki We will not be able to read it remotely, but you will still be able to manually take readings to send to us. I have added you to the list in case you wanted to be on the trial!

Ive just switched to bulb and disappointed to read that you won’t be able to use my existing gas and electricity smart meter. Ive previously changed provider and they just took over the reading - first utility to white rose.

can you put me in the list please!

@Evan @rob942 and @cliveknapper , I’ve added you all to the smart meter trial list.

@paul_c we completely agree with you, it’s really disappointing that the majority of smart meters installed in people’s homes currently can only talk to the supplier that installed them.

The reason why it worked before is a pretty nice coincidence, it means that the two suppliers had partnered with the same smart meter software company and so they were compatible. This is not the case usually.

If that’s the case (which I question) which software company do you use?

Please add me to list too thank you

I’d love to be on the list as well! So curious where my energy goes!

@Paul_C, Bulb don’t currently automatically read or install any smart meters so the answer is “none”.

They’re not making things up though.

@laurakinsey @Dollydimple_67 no problem, you’re on the list!

Ok, please can you add me to the trial list.

@Paul_C Definitely! We will be in touch :slight_smile: