smart meters

when you set up your smart meter.Will I automatically be put on this or will I have to apply for one?I already have a smart meter installed but will it get changed to one of your sm,s.I am quite happy to give you meter readings but would prefer if I got a smart meter as I’m disabled and find it hard getting up and down stairs were my gas meter is.As its 2018 when can I expect the sm,to kick in.

The trial for Smart meters starts April and the roll out in August. My understanding is that one has to agree to a Smart meter and cannot be forced to take one, on that basis it wouldn’t therefore be automatic, therefore Bulb would at some point ask if you want one or you contact Bulb to request one.
You can in the meantime submit a request to get one when the roll out starts, I am not sure if their are any places left for the April trial.

@stebbs I will add you to the smart meter trial, so you will get one earlier :slight_smile:

Hi @“DanP at Bulb” could you add me to your list of smart meter trialists please? Having had a smart meter with my previous supplier it would be nice to have one with yourselves.

Thanks
Pete

@Pete82 Sure, you will also be on the smart trial!

Hi @DanP at Bulb, I would also like to join the smart meter trial please if possible?

many thanks,

James

@DanP at Bulb, I’d like to be added to the smart meter trial too please, thanks, Matt

I would also like to be added. I have just swapped from First Utility and had a smart meter fitted by them. Very useful. Thanks in advance.

@“DanP at Bulb” - I am eager to have a smart meter and would also appreciate being added to the train if there’s space.

We’re in the middle of a switch to you from a supplier that installed smart meters. It’s been great being able to monitor and reduce our energy use. I know we won’t be able to use the existing meters but is there a way of getting them from you (or being put on the list / waiting list)

I already have a smart meter installed by my previous supplier, this was very handy as I am 71 and getting down on my knees to read the meters which are outside can be difficult.

@scramble76 @Pinaid @antonio2198 @Sweep I’ve added you to the smart meter trial.

@davemac I’ve added you to the list too - we will get in touch with you beforehand so you can choose to opt out later if you wish! We’ll begin to instal these in the middle of this year (a bit delayed due to manufacturing problems). It will give us meter readings automatically, so there will be no more getting down on the floor!

Could you add me to your list of smart meter trialists please? Having had a smart meter with my previous supplier it would be nice to have one with yourselves.

Thanks
Rachel

@“Jenny at Bulb” @“DanP at Bulb” Evening, would it be possible that I get added to the smart meter trial too. I’ve been eager for one for quite a while but our area seems somewhat neglected :’(

@pezzer & @BumbleBear Sure, now both on the trial list :slight_smile: