Smart Meters

I have seen various posts related to a Smart meter trial and I would like to sign up, how is this achieved?

I have seen various posts related to a Smart meter trial and I would like to sign up, how is this achieved?

I’ve added you to our trial list @tmprutton!

I’ve just signed up for Bulb from the end of February. I have been with another independent company for the last year, but have a legacy Smart Meter that was installed by British Gas towards the end of 2016 - will this be compatible, and can I elect to go on the trial?

I've just signed up for Bulb from the end of February. I have been with another independent company for the last year, but have a legacy Smart Meter that was installed by British Gas towards the end of 2016 - will this be compatible, and can I elect to go on the trial?
Welcome to the community!

Sadly the legacy meter will only function as a dumb meter until it’s either replaced by Bulb (they’re rolling out 2nd gen meters from June), or when the systems are updated to allow other suppliers to operate it (if you turn down a Bulb meter or it’s delayed for some reason) which is meant to happen near the end of the year.