Smart meters

Hi guys,

I have a smart meter from another supplier. Will bulb not just use that one or will I still have to get meter readings for them all the time.

Also is there a way to reset the smart meter it’s from utilita but I don’t know the erase code.

Hi @Matthewleigh23 I am afraid the first model of smart meters do not support supplier switching due to the unique way each supplier encrypts the transmitted data. This is a fault of the first smart meter model which is solved in the next, revised, model however we will not be in a position to offer you one of those for about 6 months. For anyone who has a SMETs 1 meter, there is a plan for a national software update, however, no timescale has been released.

As to resetting the meter, please do not. It will mess up your billing with ourselves and utilita.

@“James at Bulb” so would this mean that I’d have to do meter readings every single month to have to make sure my bills are right? Would there be a trail to be a tester for these new smart meters so we could get them sooner?

Thanks

@Matthewleigh23

That is correct for the meter readings every month.

You can sign up to our smart trial here: https://docs.google.com/a/bulb.co.uk/forms/d/10kQ9xBGxZPDNPs5EWkk-8oEDNDvCj-VMWVfTNUzW5b0/edit?usp=drive_open&ths=true