Smart Meters

Does Bulb supply Smart Meters as a matter of course?

Does Bulb supply Smart Meters as a matter of course?

Bulb have started to roll out smart meters, please see their Blog at: https://bulb.co.uk/blog/smart-meter-update-mar-2019

You either will be contacted by Bulb to see if you want a smart meter or you can place yourself in their waiting list,

My experience of the Bulb smart meter has not been good. I had one installed on 13th March and have just received my third request from Bulb for routine meter readings. The meter installation contractor (Siemens) arrived without the security password that would have confirmed its bona fides and, after the work was completed, it couldn’t get the meter to connect to the national smart meter network. Siemens then informed me that, because of the connection problem, it was unable to supply me with the energy monitor that was promised as part of the ‘smart meter’ deal. Since then, I’ve contacted Bulb technical support (twice) and been fobbed off with excuses. My Smart (Dumb?) system does not work (although it is, according to Bulb, connected to the national network), I still don’t have the energy monitor and the only thing Bulb has succeeded in doing is to turn a previously happy customer into somebody who is p…d off with its service.