Smart Meters

Our Bulb Bill for duel fuel is now £200+ a month for a 4 bedroom sandstone house. We don’t understand how it keeps going up - do Bulb do smart meters? I can never get through on the phone so I’m not sure what to do? Any help would be appreciated

Our Bulb Bill for duel fuel is now £200+ a month for a 4 bedroom sandstone house. We don’t understand how it keeps going up - do Bulb do smart meters? I can never get through on the phone so I’m not sure what to do? Any help would be appreciated

Do you submit monthly or least regular meter readings, to ensure your actual bills are accurate? Is the £200 plus per month your direct debit payment or the cost of energy used (i.e. your bill)?

Bulb do install smart meters. If you click the latest Blog from Bulb (on smart meters) you will see a link where you can register your interest in smart meters.

We don’t understand how it keeps going up - do Bulb do smart meters?
From your post you seem to think a smart meter will reduce your Bill, only you can do that by using less energy. You must send meter readings within a 2 day window otherwise estimates will be used, if the estimates are higher than normal usage then likely Bulb will suggest an increase in payments.

Hi, as the others have said, the best way to keep your account on track is to submit regular meter readings to your Bulb account. Without them we need to use estimates. We are installing smart meters, but right now, we’re inviting people to book where the smart network signal is strongest, so it could be a month or two before we’re installing in your area.