Smart Meters

I have just been signed up by a canvasser to Bulb energy but feel I may have been given some incorrect information. I was told that as I have smart meters I would not have to provide meter readings and also and debt owing to my current provider would be taken over by bulb I just want to clarify this information is correct?

You’ll only have to manually supply readings if Bulb can’t read your smart meter. I doubt whether a canvasser would be able to confirm that.

Money owing to a previous supplier is payable to them. No debt is transferred upon switching.

Missold again then time to cancel order anyone got a phone number for this company

I have just been signed up by a canvasser to Bulb energy but feel I may have been given some incorrect information. I was told that as I have smart meters I would not have to provide meter readings and also and debt owing to my current provider would be taken over by bulb I just want to clarify this information is correct?

My comments are not directed at you, I’m surprised why anyone would join an energy supplier via a canvasser. I got stopped earlier this week by one such canvasser asking me who my supplier was, they got a very short but polite answer from me which left them somewhat bemused.

Before switching suppliers some homework needs to be done to find the best deals without being pressurised to make a decision on the spot.