Smart meters

Hi i live in a brand newly built house and I’ve booked for a smart meter installation. One of the questions on the request page is as follows:

“Is your gas meter outside, in a box on the ground? Some outdoor meters are stored inside a box on the ground. They’re often against a wall and have a sloped lid. They might have a pipe coming out of one side, and they’re often brown.”

Does anyone know which part about this is pertinent to a successful installation? My gas meter is outside, in a box similar to one described, but is slightly above ground level and is perfectly accessible. Is it the proximity to the ground that is problematic, or the fact that it is outside

If anyone from Bulb can provide me with an email address and I can send a picture of it to them to check?

If anyone from Bulb can provide me with an email address and I can send a picture of it to them to check?

Bulbs contact details are on this page: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-Contact-us

If your gas meter is in a box on the ground, bulb cannot yet swap it for a smart meter. If it’s on the wall like your electric meter, they can.

I find it very surprising that as a nation we are shouting about Green energy and have been making a big thing about SMART meters yet when we as customers ask for SMART meters there always seems to be an issue.

My last supplier couldn’t supply one because despite advertising them, they didn’t have any! And now I change to Bulb and was told at sign up that once the switch was complete I just need to apply for one and now I read that because my meter is in a box on the ground I can’t get one again!

It is no wonder customers are annoyed with energy companies when they act like politicians by telling you what you want to hear until they have you then give you the truth which is the opposite of what you’ve been told!