Smart metre interfering with WiFi channels

When the smart metre got installed last week. The electricity had to be powered down in the house.
This has made my superfast broadband now super slow.
Whenever my router resets (virgin super hub 3) it struggles to maintain the 200gb broadband.
I had a similar problem with my Philips hue bridge. But I could easily fix it as I could unplug is and set it up from scratch.
I have no doubt the smart metre is causing the same issue with the connection from the gas and electricity metre transmitting to the wireless smart metre. The problem is, I can’t power down or turn off the signal from the metres that are I interfering with the channel.
Can anyone help with this issue?

Whenever my router resets (virgin super hub 3) it struggles to maintain the 200gb broadband.

Just to clarify, is the issue with WiFi or the external network connection? If your Virgin box “struggles to maintain the 200gb broadband” then that’s a problem before you even start to consider the local network and WiFi, and will be entirely unrelated to the smart meters.

Assuming you mean the broadband connection is ok (i.e., works at full speed over gigabit ethernet) but the WiFi is slow, then the solution is to change the WiFi channel on the access point. You can’t change the Zigbee radio channel used by the smart meters so you have to change your WiFi instead. Have you tested just the 5GHz band? Only 2.4GHz WiFi could be affected by 2.4GHz Zigbee, so if 5GHz is also slow then the problem is elsewhere.

There was another poster here with WiFi problems and changing the channel solved it. I haven’t experienced any problems with my smart meter and WiFi. Perhaps it depends on the quality of the hardware.