Smart monitor

My smart monitor is not working therefore I cannot do any meter reading. Called previous supplier who installed it. Was told cannot help and I have to contact current supply.

Hi there @Mr_tula1

The little portable screen which comes with the smart meter will have stopped working once we took supply, so you’ll have to go to the meter itself (probably in a cupboard or under the stairs or something) and follow the instructions to get readings out of it. This is a problem with the first generation smart meters, which are the only ones installed in the UK at the moment. Essentially, once you switch supplier away from the guys who installed it, it stops being a smart meter

Once you switched over to us, your smart meter will have turned into a normal meter you can take readings from. For now, this handy guide should show you how to get readings out of your meter: http://support.bulb.co.uk/customer/portal/articles/2805466-how-do-i-read-my-meter-

The section on smart meters is about half way down. If you have any problems, please let me know.

Unfortunately, it’s also not possible for anyone other than the supplier who installed the smart meter to get readings from it remotely. This is a problem common to all smart meters currently installed in the UK, and one that we’re hoping will be fixed by next year when we’re planning to roll out smart meters to our members.

The second generation meters, which will fix all of the above problems, are due to be rolled out to any Bulb member who wants one later this year and early next year, if you’re interested. They will be able to switch supplier, and keep on working without a problem.

All the best,
David