Smart Tariff beta & solar panels

I had my smart meter installed last week and I’ve been looking at your Smart Tariff and how it would work with my solar panels.
It seems to me that as it creates a new huge ‘peak’ rate of 41.44p just at the point when I will not be generating any of my own power, while reducing the rate during the day when I am quite likely to be using little or no power from the grid on a sunny day, this new tariff will cost me considerably more money than my current economy 7 package.
It seems to me that the smart tariff is not good for people with solar panels, and I’m very happy with my Vari-Fair tariff, so I hope you won’t force a move to this tariff at any point.

You won’t be forced to change tariff.

I was under the impression that Bulb aren’t yet set up to offer the smart tariff or economy 7 tariff on the smart meters they’re currently installing.

You’re on Economy 7 with a new SMETS2 smart meter?

I have no idea what the meter is called - here is a picture - perhaps you can tell me.

But yes I am on Economy 7, the display changes to the overnight tariff automatically (I’ve checked). The display image shows that I am spending nothing and exporting a little at this moment.

I had my smart meter installed last week and I’ve been looking at your Smart Tariff and how it would work with my solar panels. It seems to me that as it creates a new huge ‘peak’ rate of 41.44p just at the point when I will not be generating any of my own power, while reducing the rate during the day when I am quite likely to be using little or no power from the grid on a sunny day, this new tariff will cost me considerably more money than my current economy 7 package. It seems to me that the smart tariff is not good for people with solar panels, and I’m very happy with my Vari-Fair tariff, so I hope you won’t force a move to this tariff at any point.

Duplicate post https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/comment/39403/#Comment_39403

Apologies for the duplicate post - I thought I might have posted in the wrong category.