Smartmeter wont connect after new modem installed

Since I got a new modem my smart meter (British Gas) won’t connect to the actual meter. In advanced settings there is a pairing option but I don’t know the installer pin. Any suggestions?

Since I got a new modem my smart meter (British Gas) won’t connect to the actual meter. In advanced settings there is a pairing option but I don’t know the installer pin. Any suggestions?

Just for clarity, when you say your smart meter (British Gas) are you referring to your “In home display” rather than a actual smart meter. The smart meter is your actual meter

Did you by any chance switch to Bulb at the same time as you got your new modem.

Thanks for the reply. No I switched to Bulb a couple of years ago and just changed modem last month. Previously my British Gas handheld device thing was able to connect to the meter to give me my meter readings, even if most of smart functionality it had when I was with BG was turned off. Now it seemingly can’t connect to the meter at all, even just to take readings.

With the modem switched off does your “In home display” give you the limited functionality you had before it was installed?

Have you tried changing the wireless channel that your new router’s WiFi is set to?

Zigbee (which is the wireless protocol used to connect the IHD to the smart meter) runs on 2.4GHz so the new router could potentially be interfering if the (2.4GHz) WiFi is on a different channel to it used to be.

Other than that, I can’t see any reason why the IHD might have stopped working with a new router.