SMETS 1 Meter upgrade

Hi, I apparently have a SMETS 1 Meter which was installed by a different supplier prior to me moving into my current property. I was wondering about the progress with Bulb being able to read these automatically.

Thanks!

Hi @dspirit :wave:

I can see you have a SMETS 1 electricity meter and a legacy gas meter.

Currently your electricity meter is not enrolled on the smart network. When 1st generation smart meters (SMETS 1) were installed they only worked with the supplier who installed them in this case it was Tonik Energy. When changing supplier the meter falls off the smart network.

Both the manufacturers of these meters and the smart network are working closely together to get software updates rolled out to these SMETS 1 meters to get them up and running again. This has been successful with many meters joining the smart network recently.

We do not have a timeframe of when this will be possible for your electricity meter but hopefully it will be soon.

I apologise for not being able to give more information regarding a timeline here but I hope this answers some of your questions.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

– Luke :bulb:

Thanks for the reply Luke. :slight_smile: You mention I have a ‘legacy’ gas meter. How would I go about updating that to a smart gas meter?

Tom

Hi @dspirit :wave:

Would you be able to confirm if your gas meter is in a brown box with a sloped lid? We’ll then be able to check whether we can install a smart gas meter for you.

– Meg :bulb: