SMETS 2 IHD NOT WORKING

I have SMETS 2 Meter, Gas and Electricity but the IN HOME DISPLAY does not show both, only Gas, the “NOW” and “DUAL FUEL” buttons do nothing and the three lights do nothing either. These SMART meters are a total waste of time

I have SMETS 2 Meter, Gas and Electricity but the IN HOME DISPLAY does not show both, only Gas, the "NOW" and "DUAL FUEL" buttons do nothing and the three lights do nothing either. These SMART meters are a total waste of time

I had a Smart Meter fitted last week - total cock-up. Couldn’t fit gas meter as no one had checked that it was a high pressure gas line. Electric meter fitted and IHD plugged in. Nothing. “waiting for data” showing on display and has been since last week. Engineer not interested in connecting to home network when given the password “it doesn’t need it” - despite what it says in accompanying leaflet; “it will come on in about an hour” no it won’t. Couldn’t get away quick enough - obviously more interested in earning his bonus than customer care.

According to Bulb this is an issue reported by “a few” customers - a few???

Why not get the things to work and fit for purpose before saddling the customer with them?

I didn’t even get a leaflet with mine.