Smets1 ihd pipit 500

Hi all ive got a smets1 meter the secure ones. Had it sinces 2015 it came with the pipit 500 ihd. We havent got that anymore as it never seemed to reset each month.

Ive been thinking about buying a new one off ebay would it work.

I went on bulb live chat and they said it wouldn’t work because they cant talk to the meter. Is this right ? As the app updates our usage everyday and sends auto readings every month.

I dont think is possable to get the meter upgraded to a smets2 with a ihd.

So at the moment it seems all the things you get told to get a smart meter i cant do.

The app is ok it shows 30min readings on the graph but todays usages wont show till about 11am tomorrow lol

Hi @chrizzy :wave: welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, the newer IHDs are set up for SMETS2 meters so they won’t connect up to your SMETS1 meter.

Getting one from eBay wouldn’t be a fix for this I’m afraid as we wouldn’t be able to communicate with the IHD remotely to commission it and get it hooked up to the network.

I know it’s not ideal that the usage graphs don’t show usage in real time. Because this reading frequency gives so much information, the reads are taken half hourly and sent over to us every day in batches. This makes sure the server doesn’t get knocked out from the amount of meters sending all those half hourly reads.

Sorry this isn’t the news you were hoping for, but let us know if there’s anything else we can help with below :point_down:

Best,
Ollie :musical_note:

Hi thanks for the reply is there anyway to get it changed to a smets2 meter. Or do they get replaced after so many years

Hi @chrizzy :wave:

So we are not working on replacing smets 1 meter rather upgrading them in line with the smet 2 meter via software updates. These rollouts are currently taking place and we are looking to migrate all smets 1 meters over to the DCC network which smet 2 smart meters work from.

Once this is possible and completed we would look to send out members with smets 1 meters new IHDs to help monitor usage et.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions please drop them below :point_down:

Best,
Luke :bulb: