SMETS2 IHD electricity tariff rate set to £0.00

I’ve had this problem a for a few years where the gas shows the correct tariff but the electricity only displays the daily Charge and the KwH is set to £0.00

Its displaying the usage in KwH fine but if its set to show the cost it stays at 19p all day everyday for the electric because it thinks my rate is £0.00 pKwH (which would be nice but its not true).

How do I get this fixed?

Hi @kevin4 :wave:

Sorry to hear about the issue you’ve been having with your IHD.

It sounds like the info for the electricity tariff hasn’t been successfully updated on your meter, as the IHD will pull the tariff information from the electricity meter itself. We’ll likely need to send an update through to your meter to get this info corrected.

Can I just confirm that the IHD is connected to the WiFi? If so, I can get that requested with our smart metering team for you.

-Luke :bulb:

Hi Luke,

I can confirm the IHD is connected to the wifi.

Thanks

Hi @LukeM_at_Bulb just wondered if you needed anything else to proceed?

Hi @kevin4,

Okay great :smiley: you just need to fill out a short form with details of the issue in your Bulb account first.

Once you’ve sent that in, we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working within 24 hours. Make sure you keep your IHD turned on, and within 5 metres of your electricity meter overnight. Turn it off and on again in the morning if nothing has changed on the display.

If it doesn’t work, please try following the steps in your Bulb account again on a different date, as the fix can sometimes work on the second try.

– KT :bulb:

Hi @KatieT_at_Bulb

I’ve done this before and I’ve just tried again and it always says:

“Something’s gone wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.”