So... which is it? Up or Down?

Recieved two emails this morning,one after the other. I’m getting mixed messages here

2 Likes

promise not to spend it all in one shop

1 Like

I’d err on the side of experience and look forward to higher bills. I got the “you’ll be paying more” email this morning so am going to switch.

1 Like

Hi there,

We’re lowering our gas rates thanks to significant falls in wholesale gas costs but we’re putting our electricity prices up a little due to higher network and policy costs. We predict most members will save overall, but this won’t be the case for everyone. You can see more details on the changes here:

please tell us what you know about the upcoming budget and leaving the eu. Do you have info that will cause you to dramatically increase what you charge us?

2 Likes

this began at least three months ago. Why has it taken bulb four months to respond?(by the time the reduction is initiated)

1 Like

Wow if that’s the extent of Bulb’s gas price drop (which is already months too late) then I’m glad I jumped ship last month

3 Likes

Overall, a typical member using both electricity and gas will save £56 per

I jumped ship 6 weeks ago and saving at least £130, and that was before this latest Bulb increase/decrease.

2 Likes

you suck bulb… raising my elec bill 70 a year now.

Shame you had a great USP and would have done well but got greedy

adios

2 Likes

Already paying way over the odds. What with the duff smart meters and now this - time to go I think.

2 Likes

Already tried uSwitch who recon I can save £157 with our 8 legged friend. Thats more than tempting.

Just give me a reason not to go bulb.

3 Likes

Why if the cost of electric has gone up do they have to increase the daily standing charge? 2.1p a day that’s 65p a month plus the increase in electric means a monthly increase of about £2 for electric. I hardly use any gas and my yearly gas usage is less than the daily standing charge for the year. I might consider a move if I can save more than £120 a year by switching.

1 Like

What sort of reason do you think Bulb are able to give you?

1 Like

Honestly…probably none.

But my “smart” meter IS working and my in home display IS working so I’m torn at the moment.

1 Like

My email said…

“Electricity costs have increased
We’re increasing our electricity rate from 13.430p to 14.203p per kWh. And we’re decreasing our electricity standing charge from 20.444p to 19.592p per day.”

Why is your standing change going up?

3 Likes

I don’t understand this, one sentence says it is decreasing, the second sentence says its increasing?

1 Like

The rate is going up but the standing charge is going down.
Terminator says his standing charge is going up. Mine is coming down.

1 Like

I’m kind of confused here because they are increasing both my electricity usage and standing charge, whilst my friend who is with bulb too her standing charge has gone down, from 20.44 to 18 probably because of economy 7. I thought it was the same standing charge for everyone. My standing charge has gone from 20.44p to 22.53p whilst my kWh rate has gone from 13.71 to 14.19, an extra £3.24 a month. I’m wondering why so many have differing standing charges. So much for one tariff. :flushed:

3 Likes

OK, I didn’t read your comments in conjunction with the earlier post of Terminator.

The answer to your query perhaps is on Bulb’s Blog at: https://bulb.co.uk/blog/energy-price-watch-were-changing-our-prices-feb-20

2 Likes

This is from the email I got today

Electricity costs have increased
We’re increasing our electricity rate from 13.713p to 14.198p per kWh. And we’re increasing our electricity standing charge from 20.444p to 22.532p per day. These numbers all include VAT.

Gas price is going down but daily charge is staying the same

1 Like