So wish I hadn't got a smart meter now

I was really looking forward to having a smart meter but it’s been a nightmare all the way so far.
The guy who installed the smart meters apparently didn’t install them properly and after a follow up check from Siemens we have to have them both moved, something I am really not looking forward to as it took hours last time.
Next the IHD still isn’t working after nearly 4wks.
Then today to top it off I get an email from Bulb asking me for meter readings???
I assumed that even though the IHD wasn’t working that at least Bulb were getting my readings.

I’m not getting Electricity readings just Gas. How / who do you contact at Siemens to check? Like you I was looking forward to ‘being more in control’ of my energy usage. Gas is pretty lame to be in control of. But if the install was not done correctly, I don’t want to take another day off work for it to be done wrong again.

I'm not getting Electricity readings just Gas. How / who do you contact at Siemens to check? Like you I was looking forward to 'being more in control' of my energy usage. Gas is pretty lame to be in control of. But if the install was not done correctly, I don't want to take another day off work for it to be done wrong again.

From what I understand Siemens do random checks on installs, we had no idea ours hadn’t been done correctly. It’s not that they aren’t connected properly, more a case of they were not put in safely, the gas one for example is sitting on the edge of a thin metal bracket which apparently is not safe, the electric one is too close to the mains gas pipe, these are probably just due to the change in Health & Safety rules, but all the same it’s a pain to have to wait in again to have someone move them! It’s probably best if they don’t check the install as I’m sure ours is probably fine, but as I said new rules mean things have to be done a certain way.

The problem with the IHD is nothing to do with Siemens though, as long as the meters are commissioned, which ours are as I have phoned Bulb to check, then the readings should be getting through. However like you I am not interested in what my gas reading is right now, I want to know how much electric I am using and I think it’s going to take ages to sort out.