'Sorry you're leaving us'

Does anyone else keep getting an email saying ‘Sorry you’re leaving us’? I have no intention of leaving Bulb anytime soon, have made no attempt to swap energy providers since joining Bulb and haven’t even done a recent on-line comparison of energy prices, yet every month I receive the email saying:
We’ll take it from here. We’ve heard you want to leave Bulb. This makes us sad, but we’ll take care of it for you. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make Bulb better.
The only thing Bulb can do better is to stop sending these emails!!

Does anyone else keep getting an email saying 'Sorry you're leaving us'? I have no intention of leaving Bulb anytime soon, have made no attempt to swap energy providers since joining Bulb and haven't even done a recent on-line comparison of energy prices, yet every month I receive the email saying: We'll take it from here. We've heard you want to leave Bulb. This makes us sad, but we'll take care of it for you. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make Bulb better. The only thing Bulb can do better is to stop sending these emails!!

Is there a Bulb contact point, i.e. telephone number or email address on the email you keep receiving? If so I would try one of those contact points.