Spring is upon us, which means we can finally ease our way into turning the heating down, and start putting those big blankets away!
As we enter the warmer months, it’s also worth revisiting our Bulb accounts and making sure they’re in a good condition for the months ahead. Here are 4 things you can do to help get your Bulb account ready for spring.
- Get your meter readings up to date
If you pay for your energy monthly, your payment amount is based on two things: your meter readings and your account balance.
Without an up-to-date meter reading, we might have been underestimating your energy consumption. This can result in a ‘shock bill’ once you send us an accurate meter reading. The best way to avoid this is to submit your meter readings at least once every 3 months. It takes less than a minute to submit a new reading in your Bulb account.
If you have a two rate meter (where there’s a day read and a night read), it’s worth double-checking to make sure that you are uploading your reads for the correct rate.
If you have a smart meter, we should get your readings automatically. If you don’t have a smart meter yet, you can check your eligibility and book an installation in your Bulb account.
- Understanding your account balance
If your account is currently showing a: credit balance
- Your account can build up credit if your usage is lower than we expected, or you’ve earned rewards for referring your friends to Bulb.
- You might be able to request a refund, or reduce your monthly payment amount. You can do this in your Bulb account - we’ll suggest a lower payment amount that will use up your credit over time.
- To receive a refund we need an up to date meter reading.
If your account is currently showing a: debit balance
- Your account can go into debit if you have used more energy than we estimated. That means you’ll owe money for the energy you’ve used.
- You can change your monthly payment amount to help cover your monthly usage and contribute towards clearing the debit balance.
- You can do this in your Bulb account - we’ll suggest a payment amount to get you back on track or you can do a one time top-up payment to get your account back in credit.
- Account details
It’s worth making sure that all your contact information is correct and up to date. If you’ve recently changed your email address or contact number, you can update your account details in your Bulb account.
Any friend of yours, is a friend of ours! Why not refer a friend or family member? You can both get up to £50 each for the switch. This is a great way to get some extra credit which can be used towards paying for your energy!
You can find your personalised referral link in your Bulb account.
Is there anything you’d like to see in your Bulb account that it can’t currently do? We’re always looking for ways to improve our products, so let me know below what you think works and what doesn’t, and I’ll see what we can do