Squeaky Bum Time?

Squeaky Bum Time?

By nature, I am very sceptical. I am always of the opinion that ‘it’s too good to be true’. Last year I moved my Broadband from BT to SSE and that was a huge mistake. It went horribly wrong and I ended up shouting a lot before demanding to be let free of my contract to go back to BT. So I am paying more, but getting much better service.

Now, I have just moved from SSE to Bulb for my gas and iPad juice and I have to admit, I am proper nervous. Ok, Bulb are quoting £32 a month less than SSE, and yes, these £50 referral things are giving me a buffer for the winter….but I can’t help thinking that this seems too good to be true?

I hope not, because with 2 kids and mortgage going up the reduction in payments is going to help.

I hope that I am not swapping savings for service issues and a headache. Watch this space.

Squeaky Bum Time?

By nature, I am very sceptical. I am always of the opinion that ‘it’s too good to be true’. Last year I moved my Broadband from BT to SSE and that was a huge mistake. It went horribly wrong and I ended up shouting a lot before demanding to be let free of my contract to go back to BT. So I am paying more, but getting much better service.

Now, I have just moved from SSE to Bulb for my gas and iPad juice and I have to admit, I am proper nervous. Ok, Bulb are quoting £32 a month less than SSE, and yes, these £50 referral things are giving me a buffer for the winter….but I can’t help thinking that this seems too good to be true?

I hope not, because with 2 kids and mortgage going up the reduction in payments is going to help.

I hope that I am not swapping savings for service issues and a headache. Watch this space.

Please feel free to use the link below for the thing that made me decide to risk the move. Fingers crossed…

bulb.co.uk/refer/simond8761

Ultimately the company providing you with power stays the same. Western power (or whoever is in your area) don’t care what energy company you use to pay for the power.

Yeah, that was my thinking too. Same pipes, same cables and surely everyone is sent the same ‘juice’, Bulb pay for the Electric and Gas and we refund them. Hopefully the more people that sign up, and the bigger Bulb are then they shouldn’t be a risk.

Hey @Simbiant - we don’t think it’s too good to be true - we think it’s the way the energy industry should be, and that’s why we never charge exit fees - if you’re not happy with us, you’re free to leave at any time, we don’t want to tie anybody in, we’re just working for everyone to have a good experience with us for as long as they want to be with us.

Hi @Simbiant. It’s best to keep us up to date with your meter readings. We can then make sure that you are paying the right amount each month. We’ll let you know if we think you are over/under paying. Ultimately, you’ll only pay for the energy that you use.

I’m not sure about you. But for me my gas was so much cheaper than my previous supplier so even with electricity being 7% more the 30% gas savings will pay dividends in the winter.