Sse to bulb

Hello I have recently moved energy supplier from sse to bulb when i left sse I had a £200 bill so I payed it and now they have sent me a final bill of £85 right after I payed the £200 so almost £300 just for leaving can you give me some advice

Hello I have recently moved energy supplier from sse to bulb when i left sse I had a £200 bill so I payed it and now they have sent me a final bill of £85 right after I payed the £200 so almost £300 just for leaving can you give me some advice

Please bear in mind that you have posted your query to a customer community forum.

Is the final bill from SSE based on the same opening reading you sent to Bulb when you switched?

If the final bill is based on the opening reading you supplied to Bulb then you need to pay it or enter into some payment agreement with SSE.

If the readings on the final SSE bill are different to that which you supplied to Bulb then please see: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003610132-What-to-do-if-my-old-supplier-s-final-reads-don-t-match-Bulb-s-opening-readings- on what to do next.

Hi @Nathansunn,

Thanks for getting in touch. @Allanr is right, it’s definitely worth checking SSE are using the same reads to close your account as we are using to open yours.

It’s also worth us making sure that your opening read is correct, as when you switch suppliers and you submit your first meter reading to us, it has to go through a validation process. This means that sometimes it comes back as an estimate and this could be inaccurate. If this is the case we can raise a dispute with SSE to get your meter readings updated and make sure you are being billed correctly.

I’ve sent you a message so we can double check for you.

Thanks,
Pollyanna

Thank you both for responding to my discussion I have given metter readings on the bulb app. The electricity says customer but when I put in the gas it says expecting a different reading so I took photos of the gas meter but it says estimated

There’s are my readings of today

Nathansunn

As mentioned earlier you are posting on a community forum it would be far better if you dealt direct with Bulb ideally in line with the email sent to you by Pollyanna.

Whilst customers are always willing to help fellow customers but where account matters are concerned they should be dealt one to one direct with Bulb.

OK thank you for your help

@Nathansunn hiya, @allanr is quite right, it’s much easier for us to deal with your query directly via email just in case we need to discuss any personal details on account.