Start meter reading to old supplier

I am in the process of remortgaging and need my old EOn account closed in order to tidy up any old credit accounts and despite switching to bulb over 5 weeks ago, they are claiming that Bulb have not supplied them with our opening meter reading and I’m also pretty sure they owe us money!

I know it can take up to 6 weeks but this is holding us up needing to submit out mortgage application which need to be done by the 7th December otherwise we face a hefty interest rate increase!

Can someone at Bulb please contact EOn and tell them out opening meter reading with Bulb so we can finally close our account?

@Charlie905 I’ve chased our data collector to see if we can speed up the issuance of the necessary ‘dataflow’ required for EON to send you a final statement. Sorry for the delay here.

Thank you for your help Andrew. Be good to finally get the refund we are due from EOn. Do you have any idea how long it may take to get it sorted?

@“Andrew at Bulb” Thank you for your help Andrew. Be good to finally get the refund we are due from EOn. Do you have any idea how long it may take to get it sorted?

Hi @Charlie905 , the exact timings are difficult as we can chase everything up from our side and it won’t produce a bill on E-Ons billing system automatically.

I would advise on contacting them (once it reaches 6 weeks, so after the 7th December) and raising the issue with E-ON as a complaint as that will drive them to have this resolved on their side as quickly as possible.

We do usually find that final bills are sent in that 5-6 week period from your switch date in general though, so I hope it doesn’t need to get to that point!